- All Courses
- Student Portal
- Talk to an expert
The main purpose of foundational learning is to remove any barriers to learning and progress in occupational pathways and skills development.
• 'Foundational communication' describes the language skills, processes, knowledge, and practices needed in the language of instruction for occupational training, and in the language of formal usage in the workplace.
The purpose of this component is to enable individuals to deal confidently and successfully with the language of learning and teaching (LOLT) of formal occupational training:
- Oral skills
- Print-based learning
- Language of external assessments such as trade tests.
People who achieve this part qualification will be able to speak, listen, read, and write meaningfully and effectively in the language of instruction, so that they can progress further in their chosen occupational pathways and workplace contexts.
• 'Foundational mathematical literacy' is the minimum, generic mathematical literacy that will give learners the necessary foundation to cope with the mathematical demands of occupational training and to engage meaningfully in real-life situations involving mathematics. Foundational Mathematical Literacy will also serve as the foundation for further development of an individual in mathematical literacy contexts and mathematical concepts that may be specific to an occupation or trade.
Individuals who have met all the requirements of Foundational Mathematical Literacy are able to make sense of and solve problems in real contexts by responding to information about mathematical ideas that is presented in a variety of ways:
- Solve problems by defining their goals
- Analysing and making sense of problem situations
- Planning how to solve problems
- Executing their plans
- Interpreting and evaluating the results
- Justifying the method and solution.
Individuals will respond by means of identifying or locating, ordering, sorting, comparing, counting, estimating, computing, measuring, modelling, interpreting, and communicating.
This qualification is useful to learners who would like to achieve the compulsory fundamental requirements at all four levels in the FET band for mathematical literacy and language.
we are focused on meeting your individual, cultural and business needs. No preconceived notions only carefully crafted solutions designed to provide our clients with with expert advice and professional employment equity services.